The Marketing Director is responsible for maximizing the visibility of the Hebrew Free Loan of New Jersey (HFLNJ) and its programs through print and social media, face to face meetings, and ensuring HFLNJ’s presence at appropriate community events. The Marketing Director must be results oriented with the goals of increasing the number HFLNJ’s loans and concomitantly identifying additional funding streams for this charitable organization.
HFLNJ makes interest free loans to Jewish people for a wide variety of personal and business needs.
It serves a population of approximately 200,000 Jews across eight New Jersey counties. Among HFLNJ’s various programs are (1) interest free personal loans, (2) loans to aid those who wish to build a Jewish family through IVF, surrogacy, and adoption, and (3) interest free business loans.
This is a part-time position, 20 hours per week, with flexible work hours and work from home possible.
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Review and revise current print marketing materials promoting HFLNJ programs
- Review and revise current content for HFLNJ website and Facebook page
- Work with HFLNJ webmaster on posting on and maintaining current HFLNJ website and Facebook page
- Create periodic electronic and paper communications to relevant community constituencies, i.e., clergy, synagogues, MetroWest and Heart of New Jersey Federations
- Create timely press releases and regularly reach out to media to pitch stories to ensure visibility of HFLNJ programs
- Attend community events to promote HFLNJ and its programs
Education, skills, and experience
- Self-starting and motivated individual who will seek out opportunities to promote HFLNJ and its programs and who is comfortable presenting in front of groups.
- Prior successful marketing experience required; prior fundraising experience a plus
- Comfortable with social media; solid writing and oral communication skills are essential
- Demonstrated ability to follow-through on projects
- A wide degree of creativity and independent judgment is expected
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office or similar software required
- Knowledge and experience with Facebook and social media/web technology needed
- Willingness to travel within the affiliated areas and to annual convention.
Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to Gordon43b@aol.com