Jewish Federation in the Heart of NJ makes the Jewish community in Monmouth and Greater Middlesex counties supportive, safe, sustainable, and strong.
Jewish Federation is committed to providing and promoting meaningful and enjoyable opportunities to families with young children, to connect to Jewish life and to engage in the Jewish community.
PJ Library, created by the Harold Grinspoon Foundation, is a program for families with children 6 months to 8 years old. Children receive a FREE monthly gift of award-winning books that celebrate Jewish values and culture. Jewish Federation makes PJ Library available to children in Monmouth and Greater Middlesex counties to enhance Jewish life today and invest in strong Jewish future.
PJ Library in the Heart of New Jersey seeks four outgoing, motivated and networked freelance Parent Ambassadors (PA’s) to build authentic relationships with families in their area, connect them to one another and to the larger Jewish community, and create attractive programs and gatherings.
Parent Ambassadors have the exciting opportunity to have a hands-on role in re-imagining their local Jewish community to meet the needs of families with young children.
This flexible, paid contract position offers a chance to welcome and connect all kinds of families raising Jewish children. Parent Ambassadors will be trained, mentored and supported by Federation staff.
• Reach out to families raising Jewish children in their geographic area and build relationships with them through coffee dates, play dates, home-based gatherings, public space programs, social media and more
• Identify the needs of families, and develop engagement opportunities that meet their needs
• Develop, plan and organize intimate small-scale engagement opportunities at family friendly destinations or home-based gatherings
• Encourage parents to be involved in planning and organizing programs and gatherings
• Maintain accurate records for participants of gatherings
• Build relationships with local businesses, Jewish organizations and parents’ groups to reach new families and organize gatherings
• Participate in monthly team meetings with other Parent Ambassadors and Federation staff, to share best practices, challenges and plan community-wide engagement efforts and opportunities
• Promote and attend community-wide PJ Library programs
• Promote the mission of PJ Library and the Jewish Federation in the Heart of NJ
● Lives in Monmouth or Middlesex counties in NJ
● Has at least one child in the target demographic of newborn - 8 years old
● Excited to meet and welcome parents raising Jewish children and possesses the interpersonal skills to build relationships with them
● Passionate about Jewish life and interested in facilitating and participating in new opportunities for peers to meet each other
● Self-driven and able to work independently as well as part of a team
● Knowledgeable about local offerings for parents (or is willing to learn) both within and outside of the Jewish community
● Comfortable with program planning, social media and Microsoft Office
● Flexible schedule, including availability to work some weekends and/or evenings if needed
Timeframe: TIME-LIMITED POSITION: Start date: September 1, 2019; End date June 30, 2020
PART-TIME CONTRACT POSITION: 24 hours/month
FOUR POSITIONS AVAILABLE