The main purpose of the ADdress Store Associate (full-time and part-time) is:
· To provide exceptional guest service to all guests at The Address.
· Provide exceptional guest service by greeting and conversing with guests and determining their needs.
· Greet guests courteously, uncovering their needs, and giving polite parting remarks.
· Prepare and organize product for display and purchase.
· Maintain specific product area as determined by the supervisory team.
· Communicate inventory levels to the manager and buyers on the specific product area.
· Communicate with manager/buyers on sales of specific products.
· Understand specific product area knowledge- features, other product options and benefits.
· Restock displays as needed.
· Organize and maintain specific product backstock.
· Oversee safety and cleanliness of selling area.
· Process and count out funds accurately and timely following established cash handling procedures.
· Maintain knowledge of Loss Prevention procedures.
· Utilizing suggestive selling techniques to increase sales.
· Maintain knowledge of current sales, promotions, and discounts.
· Recommend, select, and assist in locating merchandise based on guests' needs and questions.
· Utilize the POS system to ring up merchandise sales.
· Collect the proper payment per transaction; either by processing a credit card or collecting cash, and determine the
correct change (if needed)
· Account for all transactions; maintain an accurate cash count and balance the till at the end of each shift
· Perform other duties as assigned.
· Must be at least 16 years of age.
· Outstanding guest service skills.
· Previous retail/experience preferred.
· Previous cash handling experience preferred.
· Previous guest service experience preferred.
· Basic knowledge of computers is preferred.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with guests.
· Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with supervisory staff and buying office.
· Basic math skills.
· Point of Sale experience preferred.
· Interpersonal skills -- working alone and with team
Physical Job Requirements:
· Stand and move - frequently, 90% of time
· Perform repetitive motion (using keyboard) - frequently, 90% of time
· Kneel and bend - occasionally,30% of time
· Reach at or below shoulder level - frequently, 90% of time
· Reach at or above shoulder level - infrequently, 10% of time
· Stoop/Squat - infrequently, 10%
· Lifting/carry up to 10 pounds - occasionally, 30% of time
· Lift/Carry up to 30 lbs. - infrequently, 20% of time
· Ability to lift up to 50 pounds - infrequently, 10%
· Handle larger items such as boxes or packages - infrequently, 10% of time
· Must be available holidays, days, evening, and weekends
American Dream is an equal-opportunity employer and is committed to providing a workplace free from harassment or discrimination. All employment decisions are to be made without regard to race, color, age, gender, sexual orientation, religion, marital status, pregnancy, national origin/ancestry, citizenship, physical/mental disability, military status, or any other basis prohibited by law
Qualifications: Associate's Degree and 0-2 years of experience.