75TH ANNIVERSARY OF D-DAY COMMEMORATION TOUR
Yesterday's commemoration of the allied landings in Normandy on June 6, 1944 is especially poignant for American Jews. The liberation of Western Europe was instrumental in bringing about the defeat of Nazi Germany and shutting down its catastrophic genocide targeting our European aunts, uncles, and cousins.
Who among us does not have a grandfather, father, uncle, brother, or cousin who served our country during WWII? Or, grandmothers, mothers, aunts, sisters, and cousins who served in the women’s auxiliary services, the war industries, and tended to the home front? How can we ever repay them for their bravery and sacrifice?
Rediscover this unique period of American & Jewish history by joining Jewish Federation’s Mission to Normandy and Paris, September 8-17, 2019. Immerse yourself in the rich past, present, and future of Jews and Jewish life in France while enjoying the extraordinary culture and cuisine of this iconic destination.
Standing on the bluffs of D-Day beaches, exploring the stories behind the monuments and memorials of the region, is only the beginning:
- Visit the villages where America put its best foot forward and many made the ultimate sacrifice: Juno, Omaha, Sword, Arromanches, St-Lo, Caen, Bayreuth, Ste-Mere Église, the American Cemeteries
- Learn about the fall of France in 1940 and visit the places associated with the Nazi occupation and ensuing persecution of France’s Jews by the Gestapo and their Vichy collaborators: Vel d’Hiv marker & Drancy
- Meet members of France’s Jewish community today and discern their concerns about resurgent anti-Semitism and terrorism in France; and their view about the future. See Federation overseas dollars in action in Paris!
- Travel to Chambon-sur-Lignon to present a gift from our community to the Maire and the villagers in recognition of their resistance against the Nazis and their heroic rescue of numerous Jews by hiding them, sheltering them, and assisting in their escape to neutral Switzerland
- Stay in 4 and 5 star hotels, enjoy numerous included kosher (where available) or pareve meals, Shomer Shabbat itinerary
- Eligibility: minimum $1800 pledge to Jewish Federation in the Heart of New Jersey's 2019 campaign (per couple)
$3900 per person (double occupancy) land only, air extra
Send in your $500.00 per person deposit today! Make your check payable to JEWISH FEDERATION IN THE HEART OF NEW JERSEY and send to:
230 Old Bridge Turnpike, South River, NJ 08882