Targeted Overseas Impact Grants
2017-18 application process is now open.
The Jewish Federation evaluates the Jewish community's most pressing needs and award grants to programs that meet critical priorities.
Targeted overseas grants fund high impact programs with long term affects in Israel and Europe, making a difference for vulnerable populations.
Funding will be provided for programs that support the following:
Israel-based non-profits with an organizational budget of $2,500,000 or less, AND with a program budget of $500,000 or less can request up to $30,000 per program. Organizations may apply for more than one program.
The grant deadline is August 25th, 2017
For questions, contact Dan Rozett by phone 732.588.1800 or email.
Why the Federation’s work overseas is critical
Supporting Israel & Overseas
The Jewish Federation in the Heart of New Jersey strengthens the Jewish people and helps the most vulnerable members of our extended Jewish family whenever and wherever they are in need. That is why a portion of our philanthropic support goes to helping Jews at risk or in need of help around the world.
2017 Overseas Grant Recipients
JEWISH IDENTITY & CONTINUITY
• American Jewish Joint Distribution Committee (JDC)
• Association of Reform Zionists of America
• Birthright Israel
• Council of Oriental & Sephardic Communities
• Israel Arts & Sciences
• Jewish Agency for Israel (JAFI)
• Jewish Community Centers of North America
• Jewish Federations of North America
• Weizmann Institute of Science
• Amit Shikum
• Eden Association
• Ethiopian National Project (ENP)
• Gesher el Noar
• Israel National Council for the Child (INCC)
• Keren Gimmel
• Reut Sderot
SAFETY NET FOR BASIC NEEDS
• American Friends of Magen David Adom
• Herzog Hospital
• Israel Center for the Treatment of Psychotrauma
• Israel Humanitarian Foundation
• Jerusalem Shelter for Battered Women
• Reuth Hospital