PJ Library Manager & Family Engagement Specialist
Employment Type: Full-time
Are you a self-motivated, outgoing, and results-oriented professional excited to expand and grow programming for the wider Jewish community? Do you enjoy building relationships? Are you committed to core Jewish values? Do you thrive in a collaborative environment? We are looking for an energetic and engaged candidate with a passion for childhood education and engagement to fill the position of PJ Library Manager & Family Engagement Specialist.
GET TO KNOW US:
The Jewish Federation in the Heart of New Jersey is on a mission to invest in our Jewish community locally, nationally, and in Israel and overseas to ensure a vibrant and strong community for the future. We seek to transform the way our Jewish community connects with one another, meaningful causes and our world. To deliver on this, we provide quality experiences and opportunities that engage and inspire.
You will serve at the nexus of Jewish life, building and stewarding relationships with families and children 0-18 years, understanding how the Federation might best serve them and executing high-quality efforts and initiatives that deepen their feeling of connection to one another and the Jewish community.
FAMILY OUTREACH & DEVELOPMENT
• Serve as primary point of contact for families with children.
• Strategize, develop and implement initiatives for children 0-18 years old, their parents and grandparents.
• Build, cultivate, and sustain relationships with families and parent volunteers to steward Jewish community involvement and identify potential volunteers to support portfolio.
• Oversee the PJ Library (0-8 years) and PJ Our Way (9-11 years) programs.
• Manage PJ Library and PJ Our Way subscriptions, Federation database and control the PJ Library budget.
• Supervise part-time Ambassadors working to identify and engage other families raising Jewish children in their neighborhood through hyper-local programming.
PRETEENS & TEENS
• Identify, develop and augment efforts to engage youth aged 12-18.
• Manage existing initiatives such as JServe, camp and Israel teen grants, and create platform for volunteerism.
• Consistently maintain visible presence throughout community.
• Seek opportunities for collaboration through a Jewish lens with broader community organizations in public spaces.
• Set and evaluate clear short and long-term goals and objectives with measurable outcomes.
• Regularly track program participation and engagement touch points to monitor intended engagement outcomes.
• Develop a robust outreach and marketing plan for all initiatives and strengthen social media presence.
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE
• Strong management skills and ability to multi-task.
• Knowledge of organized Jewish community with a commitment to demonstrate, communicate, and represent those values to others.
Our benefits include medical, dental, generous paid time off, sick leave and a retirement plan.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please submit your resume in Word or PDF format, along with:
• A short video (maximum 5 minutes) describing a project or experience that you would like to bring to our Jewish community.
• You can either talk directly to the camera or be as creative as you’d like!
• A cover letter describing your interest and qualifications to Laura at email@example.com.
Please respond to these two questions in your cover letter:
• What excites you about working at the Federation?
• What specific expertise and experiences will you draw on to do the job?
Qualifications: Bachelor's Degree Preferred and 0-2 years of experience.